Fwd: Re: Popsicle

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 4 01:26:11 UTC 2010

Yes, Bill. That was exactly what I had in mind. Did y'all also save
the sticks - from whatever -cicle source - to make lattice-like
doodads used and useful for nothing in particular?

How about the frozen-malted-milk-ish confection that came in a
Dixie-ish cup and with stick? You rubbed the cup between your palms to
separate the confection from the cup, stuck the -cicle-type stick into
the stuff, and discarded the cup. It had a brand-name: Cho-Cho.

-Wilson

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Bill Palmer <w_a_palmer at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Bill Palmer <w_a_palmer at BELLSOUTH.NET>
> Subject:      Re: Fwd: Re: Popsicle
>
> In answer to Wilson, Creamsicles (if you mean vanilla ice cream center w/ an
> outer layer of orange sherbet, on a stick) were very popular in Norfolk VA,
> where I grew up.
>
> Bill Palmer

-Wilson
–––