Fwd: Re: Popsicle

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Apr 4 15:09:40 UTC 2010

At 1:17 AM -0400 4/4/10, victor steinbok wrote:
>I am still trying to figure out why there are so many references to
>Epperson coining Creamsicle, Fudgesicle, etc.

Was it just me and people I knew who never pronounced the "s" in the
latter?  It was always "Fudgicle", and I was surprised the first time
I read the package to see that it was technically "Fudgesicle".  No
such problems with the other (cream, corpse) varieties.  I guess if
we start from "icicle" the process is similar to that for the
-((c)o)holic family.

LH