Popsicle

Geoff Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Sun Apr 4 15:48:10 UTC 2010

Many people I knew in Toronto in the sixties also dropped the /s/. I recall thinking it was an odd, rather cute pronunciation. It often involved the punchline to a joke so racist I'm ashamed I even remember it.

Geoff

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Associate Professor, Linguistics Program
+1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)
+1 (313) 577-8621 (English/Linguistics)