Broadcast journalism

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 5 16:09:30 UTC 2010

I could swear I heard Obama say "wrecked havoc" in one of his speeches
last week.

Yup! Sure enough, it was there:

http://www.yelp.com/topic/san-francisco-obamas-choice-of-words
http://www.maclife.com/forums/post/1724626

Both start out with the same paragraph in the first post, but they
diverge from there.

The second one is more interesting. One detour gets into the "upper
crust" pet peeve. Then the same poster (the one who started the thread
in the first place) does a mea culpa because he finds that Webster lists
pronunciation for both "wreck" and "wreak" as sometimes similar.

And fun was had by all...

     VS-)