Boughten

Steve Kleinedler stevekl at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 11 14:02:37 UTC 2010

As a native Michigander it is completely in my idiolect. When I go
home, because I see my extended family in social contexts where food
is involved, I hear it all the time in contrast to homemade.

In fact, it wasn't until I was in my early thirties when I was working
on that run of B in the American Heritage Dictionary did I come to
find that not only is it regional, but pretty much everyone outside of
Michigan finds it pretty weird.

--short message because it's from my iPhone

On Apr 11, 2010, at 5:07, Michael Quinion <wordseditor at WORLDWIDEWORDS.ORG