Eyjafjallajokull from an icelander

Geoffrey Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Thu Apr 22 19:26:06 UTC 2010

For those whose e-mail clients can support IPA, it's transcribed this way:

[ˈeiːjafjatlajœːkʏtl̥]

If you don't have html in your mail client the circle under the last l may be to the right. As someone mentioned earlier, you can find the IPA transcription plus (I believe) Kristjan Arneson's pronunciation at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyjafjallajökull

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Associate Professor, Linguistics Program
+1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)
+1 (313) 577-8621 (English/Linguistics)