Further evidence of the decline of English

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at STANFORD.EDU
Sun Apr 25 20:57:33 UTC 2010

On Apr 25, 2010, at 1:34 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:

> ... I recall a serial in F&SF called "The
> Stochastic Man" and I recall "finite state" from Robert Eugene Wall's
> magnificent work, Introduction to Mathematical Linguistics (now,
> sadly, out of print, but available used for $198.14), ...

the old Wall book is indeed out of print, as is Barbara Partee's math
lx book from way back -- but they were hybridized in
   Partee, ter Meulen, & Wall, Mathematical methods in linguistics
(Kluwer, 1990)

the paperback is still in print, available from Amazon at about $32.

arnold