Q: Writing to The Onion?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Apr 26 13:21:57 UTC 2010

Aha!  Way down in the lower left corner of their home page is the
word "Contact" in very small type.  Clicking on that brought me to a
page called "Contact the Onion", with an email address for the "New
York/Editorial" office -- the very same editorial at theonion.com that
Victor suggested.

I will now propose they write an essay taking off on the following
recent news item and Swift's "Modest Proposal".
-----
A few days ago a "group of retired officers" said that U.S. national
security is threatened by school lunches.  So many American children
are overweight that they are unfit for military service.

For example, An AP article, from Google News:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5humPJ-a8RbavZ8ZQPIFoihHcUimwD9F723RG5

I can see Jonathan Swift eating lunch [sic!] on this -- Put the
fattest, most succulent Irish infants at the top of the menu, so that
England can impress the fittest (that is, leanest) Irishmen for its soldiers.
-----
Joel