real time = 'a point or period of time in actuality'; (also adj.)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 10 23:38:50 UTC 2010

1988 Nancy Anisfield in W. J. Searle, ed. _Search and Clear_ (Bowling Green,
O.: Bowling Green U. P.) 58: [T]he charge...is enacted twice, once in real
time (42 pages into the novel) and once in Paul Berlin's imagination.
_Ibid._ 59: The novel is divided into real time...flashbacks...and
imagination....[M]emory and imagination...are as important and powerful as
"real time" thought.

Not a surprise but kind of early. I think.

JL