looking for a new word to go with the story

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Aug 12 14:22:57 UTC 2010

At 5:10 AM -0400 8/12/10, Victor Steinbok wrote:
>  NYPost has been leading the way in looking for a coinage to describe
>the 38 year old flamboyant flight attendant who had gone berserk on the
>tarmac. Yesterday, they referred to him as a "wing nut"
>(http://bit.ly/c4sHHN). Now it's a "plane-iac" (http://bit.ly/dgI8pd).
>And, of course, he's also a "bag Nazi",
>having "ranted" in the past
>about passengers with oversize carry-ons (just like the one that sparked
>the incident).

On one of the excerpts I saw on the news, he used this (defiantly) as
a self-descriptor.  Clearly a spinoff of "soup Nazi" and the other "X
Nazi"s we had on one of our WOTY lists in the late 90s, if memory
serves.

Personally, I think it's just another case of Chute First, Apologize Later.

LH