"the (unnatural) trade", 1728

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 13 19:36:57 UTC 2010

The lyrics alone render doubtful the professorially popular Cultural
Theorist claim that "homosexuality" is a construct of the late 19th C.  But
perhaps I'm simplifying.

I believe I said something similar a few years back regarding the apparent
etymology of "bad" from an OE word meaning "homosexual."

JL