"Thanks! I Needed That!"

Tue Aug 24 17:51:40 UTC 2010

I have now seen the video and can verify the dialog. The character Dan
Roman played by John Wayne double slaps the character John Sullivan
played by Robert Stack. The film then switches to scenes depicting
other characters, e.g., the pilots in a chaser plane and people on the
ground tracking the plane who speak some lines of the script.

John Wayne then speaks to the Coast Guard on the radio. Robert Stack
next engages in an internal monologue. Several script lines are
delivered by Stack, but they represent his thoughts and are not spoken
aloud to other characters. When Stack finally does speak aloud for the
first time after the slap he says:

02:00:32,520 --> 02:00:33,509
Robert Stack: Dan?

02:00:34,360 --> 02:00:35,349
John Wayne: Yeah?

02:00:36,280 --> 02:00:37,395
Robert Stack: Thanks.

02:00:38,360 --> 02:00:41,113
Robert Stack: Thanks for knocking some sense into my head.

02:00:41,760 --> 02:00:44,399
Robert Stack: Someday I'll explain.
John Wayne: You don't have to.