William Blake or Jim Morrison Quote

Sun Aug 29 04:20:05 UTC 2010

Great topic for investigation, Fred! Thanks for sharing this quotation.

Preliminary exploration suggests that the original version of the
saying was uttered by Ray Manzarek who was a co-founder of The Doors
along with Jim Morrison. Manzarek's quote was altered and streamlined
then it was reassigned to Jim Morrison. Now it is also sometimes
reassigned to William Blake and/or Aldous Huxley.

This is conjectural and based on aggravating snippets. I will work to
get you and the list some solid citations.

Thanks to Gregory McNamee for some real Blake.

Garson