The new on-line OED -- quotations missing?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Dec 1 21:46:30 UTC 2010

Last week, with the former on-line OED interface, under "chit-chat,
n." sense 2.b., "small talk"/attrib., there were many quotations,
including two for "chit chat way".  Now there are only 2 quotations,
1714 for "Chit-Chat Club" and 1819 for "chit-chat letters".

This entry is now called "Second edition, 1989; online version
November 2010".  Has material been removed for this "November 2010" version?

And when I request the "Previous version", to get what is called
"From the second edition (1989)", I still don't see the former,
lengthier set of 2.b., attrib. quotations.

What's happened?

I'm also disturbed that:

It requires extra work to suppress the pronunciation and
etymology.  And in the "From the second edition (1989)" display, I
don't see any way to suppress it.

When a "cross reference" (to "chat") was overlaid, I saw no way to
remove it (and see again what it was hiding).

Joel