plumed serpent

Ronald Butters ronbutters at AOL.COM
Fri Dec 3 17:24:04 UTC 2010

I think Robin is totally right about this. As I said, "plumed serpent" is a metaphor for "uncircumcised penis," at least as some scholars interpret it with respect to Lawrence's novel. I imagine that one could have said that "pink taco" was merely metaphorical before it became slang (or maybe just at the moment that it was first used by whatever person first used the term colloquially). I doubt that many people would would seriously object to "Plumed Serpent" as the name for a gay bar--especially in this day and age.