"Jay" as female name

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Dec 4 14:43:28 UTC 2010

At 12/4/2010 09:15 AM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
>The only "Jays" I've known or heard of have been male. Till now.

You haven't heard of Jay-Lo?

But imagine arriving as an anxious pre-teen at a new middle school*
and finding that in my grade of merely 80 kids there was another Joel
-- and it was female.

* Actually, it didn't fit today's stereotype of hell and it wasn't
called 7th grade but rather First Form.

Joel