chuckie appears to be un-American

Ronald Butters ronbutters at AOL.COM
Sat Dec 4 17:31:33 UTC 2010

The putatively "beautiful"  and under-appreciated form "chuckie" is not in DARE, except as a call to chickens or pigs.  It is not in Dictionary of Smoky Mountain English at all, and I'd expect it to be if it survived the passage from Scotland.

 "Common" in Scotland is still pretty rare in the English-speaking world.