"Instrument of nature", a euphemism, 1655

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Dec 12 16:08:58 UTC 2010

1655 seemed worth providing, since it's an interdating for
"instrument" as the male organ between 1386 and 1749.  But I don't
know what other examples the voluminous OED and HDAS databases may
have, or if they may want to separate this organ from others in sense 4.

Joel