Thank you for having me

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 16 13:04:14 UTC 2010

I think the problem, if there is one, is that TV guests of the century gone
by generally said, "Thank you for inviting me," or "Thanks for having me on
(the show)."  (Fifty years ago they said things like, "You're very welcome.
I'm happy to be here.")

All of which seem rather more eloquent.

Watch for, by 2025: guests expressing their polite thanks with "Whatever!"

JL