Thank you for having me (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 16 15:35:01 UTC 2010

Environment has/ had nothing to do with it.

"You're welcome!" means you're welcome to whatever it is you've just thanked
me for. In other words, "No thanks are necessary!"

Of course, Inglish speakers may well be thinking that "welcome" means only
what it says on a doormat and have been avoiding the polite expression
largely for that reason.

By 2026, it'll be a hearty "Whatev!"

JL