Chuckies revisited -- Was: Re: Linguistic dark matter

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton3 at VIRGINMEDIA.COM
Sat Dec 18 19:27:58 UTC 2010

<<

From: "Federico Escobar" <federicoescobarcordoba at GMAIL.COM>

> On the cairn of justified complaints into which this thread on dark matter
> has become, let me toss another chuckie.

I think, strictly, one would place [sic] a chuckie stane on a cairn -- if
tossed or thrown, it might tend to bounce off.

{There is also the reverential aspect of adding to a cairn -- chucking a
pebble at it is Deeply Disrespectful.}

If, on the other hand, you are tossing a chuckie, you would probably be near
a stretch of flat water, skimming it across to see how many skips could be
achieved.

Justa thot ...

Robin