Quote: little bridegroom on a wedding cake (Nancy Hale 1943) (applied to Dewey - Ruth Hanna McCormick 1944 June 29)

Sat Dec 18 21:56:40 UTC 2010

I should have emphasized that the book "The Prodigal Women" by Nancy
Hale was originally published in 1942 and not in 1943, I have only
checked the 1943 Sun Dial Press edition on paper at this time. I have
not yet checked the 1942 Scribner's edition on paper. But I have no
reason to think that the 1942 date is inaccurate.

Hence the first use (I know about) of the phrase is in 1942 and not
1943. This allows more time for dissemination.

Garson