(Another bogus in?) Google's metadata mish-mash

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 22 18:40:14 UTC 2010

Yes, it is a double minus. Perhaps I should have put a non-breaking space
between them.

The list seems to have trouble with UTF-8; my long-s (=U+017f) + i, which I
entered as separate characters, show up in your quote as

U+30ca, katakana /na/

And "near Gray's-Inn" in your quote from the Harvard catalog is

> near Gray痴-Inn

where

is U+75f4  chi1 'silly, idiotic; crazy about; insane, mad' acc. to the
dictionary I have on hand here.

'Nuff wrote!

m a m