(Another bogus in?) Google's metadata mish-mash

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Dec 22 19:30:05 UTC 2010

At 12/22/2010 01:40 PM, Mark Mandel wrote:

>The list seems to have trouble with UTF-8; my long-s (=U+017f) + i, which I
>entered as separate characters, show up in your quote as
> >
> > ãƒ
>
>U+30ca, katakana /na/

I received Mark's message with i -- long-s -- i
clearly.  I have no idea why quoting and
returning it through the list server changes it.

But do you agree the title page is a
misprint?  (Perhaps beyond Google's arena of
responsibility, but perhaps something to add to
your correspondent's blog, particularly since it
eliminates this as an antedating.)

Joel