Creaky voice: Invitation to be part of my research project

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 31 10:07:49 UTC 2010

Women's creaky voice is an interesting phenomenon.  I wonder which celebrities are the creakiest.  I remember that Senator McCain's daughter Meghan seemed particularly creaky. She's from Phoenix.

What makes the creaky sound anyway?  Epiglottis?

I would think that if listeners would rate voices on a social scale, they'd say the creakiness is higher than non-crrekiness.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling