autopsy on zealot

Seán Fitzpatrick grendel.jjf at VERIZON.NET
Tue Feb 2 10:09:21 UTC 2010

And yet he has not a neologism nor solecism to call his own:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/arsenal+
ar⋅se⋅nal [ahr-suh-nl, ahrs-nuhl]–noun
1. a place of storage or a magazine containing arms and military equipment for land or naval service.
2. a government establishment where military equipment or munitions are manufactured.
3. a collection or supply of weapons or munitions.
4. a collection or supply of anything; store: He came to the meeting with an impressive arsenal of new research data.

Though, I suspect, he was speaking facetiously with the "store of weapons or ammunition" in mind.

Seán Fitzpatrick
Techie-mumbo jargon:  shoot first . . . don't take prisoners.
http://www.logomachon.blogspot.com/

Last night on a PBS show about the French & Indian War, a seventyish
Canadian historian described one of the participants as a
/ 'zi lat / (rhymes with "tea-pot").

Then, in 1946, Nigel Bruce as Dr. Watson in _Terror by Night_ referred to an
/ O 'tOp si /  (rhymes with "saw Flopsey").

Bonus: on NPR, a youngish black guy in N.O. spoke of adding an LP to his
"arsenal of vinyl."  He may have been joking but sounded absolutely serious,
with _arsenal_ meaning something like "store (of anything)."
JL