OT: (possums & pistol-packin' mamas; was: crude = crude oil, petroleum)

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 7 01:28:41 UTC 2010

Any replies to this now far-off-topic thread should go just to Jim &
me, not to the list,

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 8:44 AM, James A. Landau
<JJJRLandau at netscape.com>  wrote:

> OT:
>
> At 2/4/2010 10:42 PM, Mark Mandel wrote:
>>Possum up a simmon tree
>>(CHO:)
>>Unca Reuben got a coon, dang-GON'T (chick-a-chick),
> As soon as I saw this, I noticed it can be sung to "Pistol-Packin' Mama", written by Al Fletcher and recorded by Bing Crosby in 1944. Â Did Fletcher write a new set of words to an old folk tune, or what?

I just Googled (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMDsV_lurd8). Different
tune completely, one of the several zillion cases of "scans to...".

m a m