"Missing T" revisited: Super Bowl edition

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Feb 7 14:36:12 UTC 2010

>It's still alive and kicking, more's the pity. Well, around theses
>parts, at least, people still say [skr&n.t at n] and not [skr&~a?@n], a
>la Philadelphia.
>
>-Wilson

Ah, I have heard both, but the latter version does involve
glottalizing of the voiceless stop in Scranton; any other /d/s
glottalizing beyond the one in the "No, [pro] didn't" expression of
incredulity?

LH