"as such"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 10 04:44:21 UTC 2010

Another quite clear ex. as "therefore," which still boggles my mind. Note
the otherwise mature style of writing:

2010 _Wikipedia
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_and_Shatila_massacre#MacBride_commission_report

[T]the Phalangists, who were previously united as reliable Israeli allies,
were now split because of developing alliances with Syria, which remained
militarily hostile to Israel. As such, Gemayel [President of Lebanon]
rejected signing a peace treaty with Israel and did not authorize operations
to root out the remaining PLO militants.

Met with, not sought for.

JL