praxological

Geoff Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Thu Feb 11 22:56:48 UTC 2010

There *is* a word 'praxeology/ical' in the OED, a technical term that I learned from the classical liberal economist Ludwig von Mises in his magnum opus Human Action:

 The branch of knowledge that deals with the nature of human action, esp. as understood in economic theory by the Austrian economist Ludwig von Mises (1881-1973) and his followers. (OED Definition)

But it's not clear whether the translators (or von Clausewitz) intended the same sense.

Geoff

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Associate Professor, Linguistics Program
+1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)
+1 (313) 577-8621 (English/Linguistics)