new research into semantic categories

Judy Prince jbalizsprince at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 12 04:50:31 UTC 2010

I'll let your pathetic pun slip by this time, Robin, if you promise to use
Spelchek next time.

Rigidly yours,

Judy, the "uninion" organiser

On 11 February 2010 20:02, ROBIN HAMILTON <robin.hamilton2 at btinternet.com>wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       ROBIN HAMILTON <robin.hamilton2 at BTINTERNET.COM>
> Subject:      Re: new research into semantic categories

> > Robin Hamilton wrote to Joel Berson:
> >
> > "Fun this, yeah, but perhaps we'd better stop at this point
> > before we bore
> > too many people on the list more rigid than they no doubt
> > already are.  <g>"
> >
> > Pardon, Robin, but are you suggesting that the people on
> > this list are
> > rigid?  Not sure whether that's a compliment or
> > not.....
> >
> > Judy
>
> Ah, and there I'd thought that I could sneak a quite gratitous insult to
> the entire list through under the guise of a rather lame pun.
>
> I had forgotten that the ear or eye of a former uninion organiser and
> grievance committee chair would be alert to the least deviation from
> linguistic rectitude.
>
> I hope you were not *too offended.
>
> Contritely yours,
>
> Robin

Frisky Moll Press:  http://judithprince.com/home.html

"I can't read my library card."  ---Jeff Hecker, Norfolk, VA