Quote about schooling interfering with education (Grant Allen 1894) (attrib Mark Twain 1907)

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 16 16:27:47 UTC 2010

It seems one may never grow idle having chosen to debunk the witticisms
attributed to Mark Twain.

One contemporary citation attributes the line not merely to Mark Twain,
but to Huckleberry Finn.

George Bernard Shaw and Churchill are two other frequent targets of
spurious attribution--I know of at least three lines attributed to them
both, by different source, and two of those I know to have come from
someone else.

     VS-)