What is winter?

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 19 05:50:52 UTC 2010

I thought, the "popular" seasons go back at least to the Romans.

I also forgot to mention in the last message that there are two
additional contexts where the division into two seasons is found in
the literature of the 1830s--there is a repeated claim that there are
only two seasons mentioned in the Bible (one being winter) and that
the Teutons only had two seasons (presumably in their vocabulary, as
well as in their customs).

VS-)