What is winter?

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 19 05:56:38 UTC 2010

This particular volume--and the expression therein--goes back much
further, it seems. Prior to Sir Phillips, the authorship was by J.
Goldsmith, who in 1811 had already published the 40th edition (!). "R.
Phillips" was the publisher--or, perhaps, the sponsor--of the 1811
edition.

I thought the correction would be of interest--there is a big
difference between "by Sir Richard Phillips" and "Printed for R.
Phillips".

VS-)