Singularity

Jeff Prucher jprucher at YAHOO.COM
Sat Feb 20 01:04:55 UTC 2010

Back to the issue at hand, which I think is whether the Vingean sense of "Singularity" is a) in dictionaries and b) in (further) extended use?  AFAIK, it's not in any dictionaries other than Brave New Words and Wiktionary, although I obviously haven't checked everything. (The quickest way to answer this sort of question, by the way, is to just search on onelook.com, which will get you almost all the major Standard English dictionaries in one form or another, although Oxford is only represented by CODE. OED don't have it, though.)  I haven't seen it in further extended use, but I haven't really been looking, either.

Jeff Prucher

 Editor, Brave New Words: The Oxford Dictionary of Science Fiction. Now in paperback!
http://www.jeffprucher.com