What is winter?

Sun Feb 21 00:17:43 UTC 2010

Right; I overstated, but the change from one astronomical season to the next is on the same date worldwide.  On the other hand, meteorological seasons are based on weather patterns and  the dates when they begin and end (and even the number of seasons) vary from region to region.

James D. SMITH               |If history teaches anything
South SLC, UT                |it is that we will be sued
jsmithjamessmith at yahoo.com   |whether we act quickly and
                                    decisively