Oympic sport "contested"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Feb 21 21:51:07 UTC 2010

I just heard the announcer for the biathlon, describe how the
erstwhile leader in the competition after the second round of
shooting, the Austrian Kristof Sumann, "normally one of the fastest
skiers in the field, was just decimated by Martin Fourcade of
France".  The purists will want to know which tenth of him Fourcade
destroyed.

LH