nomconjobjs: between you and me/I

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 22 22:17:50 UTC 2010

Whoa Victor.  My issue was the phrase "outnumbers by a factor of.."  Not of which you speak, but I agree that it's strange that the subject pronoun "I" is so often used where the object pronoun "me" should be called for by rule, as in the phrase "between you and me."

I was taught a half century ago in 6th grade how to diagram a prepositional phrase, and that the object of the preposition in this case is me, which is the objective case of the word "I".  Perhaps this kind of teaching exists no more.

Now math of the 60's was after my time but diagraming wasn't.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/