nomconjobjs: wider comments

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Feb 23 16:14:56 UTC 2010

At 2/22/2010 08:43 PM, Arnold Zwicky wrote:
>with this little posting, i hope to bow out of the nomconjobs
>discussion for a while.  in the last few days, i've picked up eleven
>topics to post about on my blog, and i'd like to get to them.

Ignoring Arnold's wish, I've lost track among the technical terms,
like "nomconjob", of whether this discussion has been entirely about
"X and Y" formations, such as following "between".  Are the
considerations different for "<preposition> <nominative>" vs.
"<preposition> <objective>"?

And if the answer is in the excellent MWDEU, just say so -- I'm half
way to getting it.

Joel