MWDEU

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Wed Feb 24 14:18:55 UTC 2010

Our school uses Hacker as the handbook for students to have for all 4
years for covering questions of punctuation, mechanics, research,
citation, etc. that might arise in any of their classes. There's a
Writing in the Disciplines section which is good and helpful.

MW did produce a Manual for Writers and Editors, which I prefer as it
starts out with the statement that there is often more than 1 way to
punctuate a sentence. But it doesn't necessarily hit our students'
needs to have a quick and handy reference covering MLA, APA, and the
CMS note system all under one cover.

---Amy West