Non-Standard conjoined subject noun phrases

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 25 19:13:10 UTC 2010

So you have variant descendant forms of a single ballad, or phrases from one
ballad being picked up in another one. This is very common in folk song. If
I had time now I would check at the Mudcat Cafe <http://www.mudcat.org/>.

... Well, hardly said when done, and not as helpful as I thought it might
be. Searching for
me and five more
produces

The Digitrad Results *0.7742* - VAN DIEMANS LAND (YOUNG MEN
BEWARE)<http://mudcat.org/@displaysong.cfm?SongID=7522>
*0.7742* - HENRY THE POACHER<http://mudcat.org/@displaysong.cfm?SongID=2594>
The Forum Results No Results in the Forum

These two lyrics are the same, except that "Henry the Poacher" has two
additional introductory verses.

m a m