OT -- the WIKI Model

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton2 at BTINTERNET.COM
Thu Feb 25 20:55:08 UTC 2010

(Mostly to Mark.)

The problem with Mudcat is that it was set up before Wiki existed, and was
never remodeled, and it shows.

Information retrieval from it is a total pain in the ass, rubbish never gets
filtered out, and nothing ever gets revised.  It demonstrates all the worst
aspects of an unrelivedly additive model of information storage.

I could say more, or couch my words in a more formal register, but that's
basically why I never go there unless I have to.  And my short visit
recently in the course of Chasing the Poacher convinced me that nothing much
had changed since I was last there.  <g>

Robin