Quote: Everything should be as simple as it can be, but not simpler (antedating attrib Albert Einstein 1950)

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 27 18:43:22 UTC 2010

A lot of the problems come from manual entries, not just from OCR. Does
anyone know how Google can be contacted directly with a specific
suggestion to have a repository for correction? So far, the best I could
do is put date corrections in "Reviews", so if you see an odd review in
some of these volumes, chances are it's my date correction (very few
actual reviews are entered for pre-1900 texts).

Google, in general, does not seem overly concerned with organizing
UI--even in Gmail sorting is not given a thought, and the only
chronological feature is offered in Google News (and even that seems to
have disappeared in the new format). Their game is search and storage,
but these would be significantly enhanced with an addition of even
primitive organizational and sorting features.

Also many thanks to Fred Shapiro for the kind words.

     VS-)