*tsunamus

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 28 22:56:21 UTC 2010

I am neither a dumbass nor a seismologist and I'll say "tidal wave" as much
as I goddamned want to.

It doesn't need to have anything to do with regular tides.  It is a
seismic wave that spreads partially in the form of a rising tide.  If
scientists, whose command of English language is rarely up to their command
of arithmetic, think "tsunami" is better because, ooooh!,  they just can't
figure out what "tidal wave" means, or they're afraid that somebody else
can't figure it out no matter how hard they explain it, good for them.

JL