Kryponite and garlic

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Jan 3 14:29:12 UTC 2010

At 1/2/2010 10:13 PM, Laurence Horn wrote:
>There's a hair salon about a half mile from my house whose name is
>"Kryptonnite".  I have no idea why (or what's with the two n's), but
>I haven't seen Superman around the neighborhood, so I guess it works.

A modernization of the following?

A man was invited to a new friend's house for drinks.  When he
arrived, he noticed strings of garlic hung at the door and all the
windows, and asked his host why he had put them up.  His host
replied, to keep out the elephants.  "G'wan!  Vampires maybe, but
garlic wouldn't deter elephants."  His host replied, "Well, have you
seen any elephants around _my_ house?"

Joel