Kryponite and garlic--(Why the hair-salon name "Krytonnite"?)

Seán Fitzpatrick grendel.jjf at VERIZON.NET
Tue Jan 5 06:01:12 UTC 2010

According to an article from the (Hamden, CT?) Register
(http://snurl.com/tywsz  - Kryptonnite Beauty Salon - Dominican Stylists)
about the Kryptonnite hair salon:
"A 'DO DONE RIGHT:  BLACK AND LATINO WOMEN ARE FLOCKING TO DOMINICAN SALONS"
"Women from the Caribbean know to look for the salon with the sign:
Dominican.
These salons may as well advertise:  "We can handle any type of hair.'  They
are the bronco busters of the hair world, the follicle tamers with no
rivals."

So, maybe the name is an allusion to their ability to tame "difficult" hair,
and the non-standard spelling is just because they were never 10-year-old
white American geeks (NTTIAWWT).  Or maybe the proprietor thought
"Kryptonnite" looked cool, or it's her daughter's name.  Maybe it's just me,
but the double-n version does look more feminine to me.  The image on the
home page is somewhere between mediaeval and Sapphic.

Sean Fitzpatrick
Mais où sont les neiges d'antan?
I blame Global Warming.
http://www.logomachon.blogspot.com/