'repose' (v) in telic sense - not in OED or MW

Wed Jan 6 07:00:41 UTC 2010

The following two citations may contain examples of the "telic use of
'repose'". Both citations are in publications from the St. Herman of
Alaska Brotherhood. Google Books only displays snippets for these
works.

Citation: The Northern Thebaïd: Monastic Saints of the Russian North
by Seraphim Rose, Ivan Mikhailovich Kontsevich, St. Herman of Alaska
Brotherhood, 1995. (Worldcat lists a 1975 edition.)

The Saint had lived for 85 years in all, and he reposed in the year
1533, on the 30th day of August. And this precious treasure, his
honorable and holy body remained in the heart of the earth, and it
gives forth, like an ever-flowing spring, an unfailing stream of
healings for all who come with faith to his honorable grave.

http://books.google.com/books?id=G85wAAAAMAAJ&q=%22he+reposed+in%22#search_anchor

Citation: Lives of the Georgian Saints by Zakaria Macitaze, Lado
Mirianašvili, St. Herman of Alaska Brotherhood, 2006.

He spent the years 1010 to 1015 in Jerusalem, and labored at the Lavra
of St. Sabbas until 1025. He reposed in the year 1066, between the
ages of 76 and 81.

http://books.google.com/books?id=eaoRAQAAIAAJ&q=%22year+1066%22#search_anchor

The translator of the first work, Seraphim Rose, has an entry in
Wikipedia that states he was "a hieromonk (also called priest-monk) of
the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia in the United States."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seraphim_Rose

Garson