gin game

Fri Jan 8 21:51:38 UTC 2010

>From an article in today's NYTimes, section C, p. 33, headlined "Navy Yard 'Treasures'", about an archive and museum at the (former) Brooklyn Navy Yard.

"The archive has also received a 1909 postcard showing the yard paymaster's house; on the back an enraged shipyard worker scrawled to his girlfriend, "What kind of a gin game you giving me, taking me for a damn fool?""

not in HDAS; app. not in OED; not in Chambers Slang Dictionary.

GAT

George A. Thompson