"Negro" in the news

Tue Jan 12 01:03:26 UTC 2010

So you agree that "Negro" is not offensive? Despite the census results, or perhaps in line with them, I consider the term acceptable only in historical settings.

I have an Asian friend who used to say "What's up, Negro?" to everyone, but he stopped that a few years back when the expression evidently went out of fashion. (I rarely talk to people in person and wouldn't know.)
BB