McWhorter on "Negro English"

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Thu Jan 14 14:39:08 UTC 2010

I had just finished reading (and photocopying -- had to return it to
ILL) sections of his _Word on the Street: Facts and Fable about
American English_ from Plenum. Very good, very accessible to the
lay/generalist/undergraduate. The last third of the book is on AAVE.
The book is from 1996 (?)

---Amy West